- Posted by:
- Posted on:
The HP OfficeJet 5258 printer has Bluetooth Smart capabilities, which allow you to print from your mobile device without a network connection. This printer is also compatible with AirPrint, which lets you print wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What is Bluetooth Smart on HP OfficeJet 5258 printer ?
Bluetooth Smart, also called Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), is a feature on some HP printers for enabling faster, more reliable printer setups. The HP Smart app for Android, Apple iOS, Windows 10, and macOS uses Bluetooth Smart to discover the printer during the setup process.
How to turn on Bluetooth Smart on HP printer ?
Turn on the Bluetooth radio on the printer. Depending on the model, press the Bluetooth button , or navigate to the Setup or Network menu to access Bluetooth settings. Open the Bluetooth settings on the computer or mobile device, and then confirm the feature is turned on.
How To fix Hp OfficeJet 5258 Bluetooth Smart not working ?
You cannot use Bluetooth on this model printer to connect it to your computer. Bluetooth smart is used by the HP Smart app to initiate the connection between the printer and the computer.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings
Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Read also : Hp OfficeJet 5258 Driver